If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.William Morris.

Friday, December 13, 2013

My Christmas "Chicken" Tree



My "Chicken" Tree 

I had made all this last year for Christmas
and to be in full disclosure, I haven't taken it down. It stayed up in the corner of the living room all year. That is how much I love it



I had found a crochet pattern on Ravelry for these rooster ornament. I ended up only making one a rooster (love machine) and the rest to be my flock I have
   

If you leave off the tail feathers they look like hens.


 So I made them to look like my flock of girls.


Then I added these fake eggs I found at Hobby Lobby,
except the ones in the wooden box at the bottom of the tree, they are real.


 I put the rooster at the top, looking over his hens.


 For garland I use a boa of white feathers.

 I took these pictures on my I-Phone using the camera + app I have.
Sometimes I get some really good pictures


And sometimes I forget to check my photos, a little out of focus.
Close up of one of the hens


Here is the flock
Now that I have them on the tree, I believe I could use a few more.
They are easy and really do not take long to make.


I am reposting this one and adding a backlink to a 
Christmas Tree Party
http://wp.me/p3Su5W-3dv

So many beautiful tree to see.

14 comments:

  1. How cute! I love how you used white feathers for the garland. Very creative! I love chickens so I might have to do a chicken tree next year :)

    Visiting from Clever Chicks Blog Hop.
    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, hold me back! A chicken tree why didn't I think of that? Love at first sight, you are so creative. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that is too cute! I was getting ready to donate a small tree we have, no way now! Off to buy some chicken stuff tomorrow! That would be perfect in my kitchen :) Wish I could crotchet that well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the Chicken tree.......just perfect..........those chickens are sooo cute..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kat, I couldn't find a "contact me" spot here. Could I buy a set of your crocheted chickens from you? I can't find any small fake chickens anywhere! Bummer, sob!!! Let me know if that's possible? I can pay shipping too :)

    Thanks!!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to do this! I went to the site where you can purchase but I just don't know how to crochet other than straight stitches. If I find someone (maybe at my office?) that can help me I want to come back and get this pattern.I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Very festive. :)

    Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came over after Nancy shared her ornaments. So cute! Would love to make those for gifting next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ♥ sooooo much!!
    Iam sharing this on our FB chicken page
    The Lazy Chicken Coop for our fans to see it
    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your chicken tree. I have a chicken theme in my kitchen. This would compliment it perfectly. Alas, I already have a tree in my kitchen that I decorated with small kitchen utensils, measuring spoons, cups, etc. Now, I know what I'll do next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just put mine up, still loving it!!! :) Thanks again for the hens, they really make me smile....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome friends to share a thought, I enjoy reading them and replying back. But if you do not hear back it's because you are a no-reply blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...